Our farmers market season is over, but our hens are still laying up a storm! We’re going to offer egg subscriptions to be picked up at Ian’s parents’ house in the Longfellow neighborhood of Minneapolis.
- WHAT? A 10-week subscription. After that, you can renew for another 10 weeks. We’ll keep going like that until the market season starts again in May.
- WHEN? Picked up Thursday nights from 6:30-7:30 p.m. The first one runs Nov. 7 through Jan. 9. (We’re skipping 12-26, so that isn’t counted in the 10 weeks!) On some nights – like 11/14 and 11/28– the Minneapolis delivery might have to be moved to Tuesday.
- WHERE? Ian’s parents’ home near 46th Ave. S. and 40th St. E in the Longfellow neighborhood of Minneapolis. OR at our farm – out by Millersburg in the Northfield area.
- HOW? This is a prepaid subscription. We have a limited supply of eggs – although we’re getting more layers within a week – and we’ll take subscriptions on a first come first serve basis. You can send us your check by mail or give it to Ian when you first pick up your eggs. We might have extra eggs available some weeks.
- COST? $47.50 for 10 weeks, a discount off the regular price of $5 a dozen. Please bring your cartons back to us!
- WHAT IF YOU MISS A WEEK? If you occasionally have to miss a pick-up we’ll try to get you 2 dozen the next week. If the supply is really tight, there might occasionally be a longer wait for the replacement eggs. Or, if you want, we could donate your skipped dozen to the food shelf for you.
Our hens will be eating organic feed and going outside during the winter except when the wind chill is way below zero.